Thursday, January 27, 2011

Adoption process going well and other stuff too!

This week has been very productive, exciting, and full. We started out on Thursday at LDSFS with our case worker. She is wonderful. Well we are coming up on having to renew our profile. That means we have to have a new home study/case study, new background checks, new bishops letter, new tax form, new financial statement. Luckily we don’t have to do a ton of paperwork. Well after answering several questions, and filing out the background check paperwork we get to have a questioning session. I have been worried that I have not been doing enough to help in our finding process; here was my opportunity to see what I could do to make it better. Well all of our numbers look great. We have a lot of traffic on our profile. So thanks to all you who have given out a passalong card. Those make the world of difference. She suggests putting them in your bills that you mail out. So if you still have a couple of cards put one in your bill this month. Also if you know anyone who is going to school like Paul Mitchell of some sort of technical school I would love to send some cards with them to put on a counter there. She also said my adoption blog looks wonderful. YEAH! For all my hard work (this is my pat on the back). So all around, it made me feel really great, that all my efforts are not going to waste.


We got the opportunity to go to dinner with Marshall’s boss, several co-workers and their spouses. We ate at the Chef’s Table. I was excellent food and I had a blast. It was really the first time in 2 weeks since Libby got sick that I had left the house. It was really great to finally put a face with the names and stories. I can see why Marshall has so much fun at work. They Laugh all day long at each other. They are all story tellers, and they all know how to laugh. It was a wonderful dinner with great company, but late night.

My exercise of the week is always on Saturday mornings. I don’t function if I exercise in the mornings, my days are pretty shot. But who can pass up a wonderful basket of yummy food and a little socializing, and hard work.  I buy a basket of food from Bountiful Baskets, I volunteer every week. I love eating the yummy variety of fruits and veggies that come each week. I get to try new things and stock up my freezer with good veggies. I canned and froze fruit for smoothies and snack time treats. You can buy extras like tortillas, bread, honey, granola, and many other things. I love the 9 grain wheat bread, and the fresh tortillas are amazing. If you have never tried it, you should. It helps to make my budget stretch and we are eating healthier. (picture of what came in my basket in 1 week)
http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

Marshall had a tragic horrible Monday evening. He went to the dermatologist about 3 weeks ago, they biopsied a mole on his arm. They call him back on Monday when he got there they put him in a surgical room, he did not know that they were going to remove it. Well 10 shots, a 2 inch cut, 11 stitches, and then waking up after passing out, he came home. Poor thing never had stitches before and I think the trauma of the situation made him a little queasy. Good thing for him Blood and gore doesn’t bother me. 

I took Libby to the Monte L. Bean Museum on Wednesday.  I thought she and I needed a day away from home.  She has been feeling better and this was a great idea.  She loved to see all the stuffed animals.  the elephant was one of her favorites.  the lion she got up close and almost personal.  I was a little freaked
                                                       out looking it in the eye but it didn't bother her one bit. 
Thoughts from Libby

I was making a batch of baby blankets for those of my friends that are having babies. Libby comes in and asks what I am doing. I tell her that I am making blankets for babies. She looks at me and says “for my baby bubbles?”(A doll given to her at Christmas from my grandma). I tell her no. She then thinks about it and says for my baby sister? I said that would be really nice but not yet. I remind her that we pray for our baby to come and she keeps telling me it’s for her baby sister. The best part is that the blanket is a nice blue and green. I think she might be color blind.


Libby was getting dressed. Her pants were looking a little on the short side, so I said “Man Libby your legs are getting long, where did you get your long legs?” She looked at me and says “the doctor”.
picture: Libby found Ian's bean bag chair and was relaxing.
Libby brought me the princess dress and asked if she could wear it.  I told her that she could if she took off her clothes all by her self.  she did a step closer to being potty trained  she can take her pants on and off.  so she put on her princess dress and wore it until nap time. she was really cute about it.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Brit! How nice to be recognized. Maybe next year Libby ca stay all the time since she will be potty trained.

    ReplyDelete