Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My thoughts about faith

Where to begin! I have to thank those who gave me good advice. I have been trying to figure out a way to stop working since I had to take Libby to a babysitter back in Feb of this year. Marshall's hours changed, and so we took her to a wonderful women's home to spend her Fridays. it has been a wonderful experience for Libby and she thinks it is great. BUT still I wanted to be home. so I started cutting back (budget wise). I started living on Marshall's checks and "trying" to save mine. But things just did not add up. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever be possible. I had a family friend stay with us for a few days and she gave me some advice. she said the lord gives you opportunities to use faith. he wants you to trust that he knows and is willing to help you. He has his hands outstretched just ready to give you all that he has but you have to take one small step, all by your self. My problem is, I am a chicken. I am scared to make bad decisions. I am afraid of change. I was miserably content to not make any choice. after many hours of prayers and crying and lot and lots of talking. I just did it. Marshall said the lord blesses you when you have faith. So at the end of September of 2010 I am JUST a Mom. I was still worried. Let me tell you I was still trying to cut my budget any way I could. trying to make it all work out because I had not figured it all out. Today was my answer. Today made me a strong believer in 1 nephi 7:12 . I had to exercise my faith in the lord. Marshall had applied, interviewed and was picked for a promotion without even telling me he had applied. I got a call to go to lunch with him and when I got in the car he told me he got a promotion. We both looked into each others eye glistened with tears and knew that the lord had answered our prayers. He let me take my step. I feel so blessed that We could experience this as a little family.

We ask a small favor of our friends and family. We ask that you will all pray and if you can fast for us this fast Sunday. Please help us in fasting for our little family that we might be able to "grow" our 3 to 4. We believe that the lord blesses those that do all they can. We just ask that you keep us in your prayers and fasting.

We love you all and most importantly the Lord and all he does in our lives.

Brittany

4 comments:

  1. Fast Sunday it is :)

    yay! yay! for a promotion. I'm so, so glad you had your faith answered, especially in such a much-wanted and tangible way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post Brittany! I have also been really worried about not working. But I feel very strongly about staying home and being with my baby and hopefully future children. I am still looking for a job I can do from home, but know that I need to have faith in the Lord and know that things will be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brittany. This was a much needed post for me. Good luck and congratulations on the promotion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for the blog post! I am so excited for Marshall and so excited for your opportunity to be a stay at home mom - we are excited to see you again!

    ReplyDelete