Monday, September 20, 2010

The Scare of the week

I have been so excited that I get to stop working my part time job and be a full time mom. Sometimes experiences hit that thought home. Libby had been sick all week, Marshall stayed with her on Monday but I had to leave her on Thursday with the sitter. I kept trying to decide if I really wanted to take her sick but I had much to do at work, it being one of my last days of work ( I have 4 left). Well I took her to the sitters house. It was 4:00 in the afternoon when I thought to call Marshall to see how close to picking her up he was, when my phone rang. The sitter was upset and told me Libby had got into her purse and had eaten some tums and ibuprofen. She wanted to know what I wanted her to do with Libby. In a panic I told her I would call her right back. My plan was to have my parents pick her up and meet me at the hospital or the Dr office I could not decide. when they did not answer their phones and neither did Marshall I called the sitter back and had her meet me at the hospital ( a 2 min drive from my work and a 25 -40 min from mapleton, depending on traffic) I had my boss text Marshall because I couldn't do anything to save my life and then left for the hospital ER. When everyone showed up at the ER we took Libby right in and they let us know that because it was not Tylenol she was going to be just fine. We still had to wait 2 hours and then do some blood work just to make sure her liver and kidneys were good. Let me tell you, as a mom you get pretty anxious about the well being of your children. Knowing she might be my only child makes me that much more anxious when something is wrong. I was so grateful for all the prayers said on our behalf from all our friends and family.

SO for my words of wisdom... don't keep Tylenol in your home, Ibuprofen is a much safer medication if swallowed by children.
Libby is back to normal!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the scare and thank heavens things turned out all right.

    For future reference, poison control is a mom's best friend ;)

    ReplyDelete