Thursday, November 11, 2010

Try, and if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again!

Libby was one of our "if at first you don't succeed try, try, again". She has been our little blessing. Some days I don't know if I always, have fun, but she says little things like "mom I love you!" and " Mom Your Beautiful" then your heart melts, except at bedtime when you know she just wants to play a bit longer.


Marshall is an avid Football player and watcher so here it to the second place team. They worked hard, played hard and had fun doing it I hope. Here is this years shirt.
Awwww now to my "if at first you don't succeed" . Well..... UMMM......You see......
My yams .......huuuuuhhhh......... So they exploded. The explosion was my fault. I did not put enough water in the bottom of the pressure cooker. When I realized that the water was gone I only had 30 min left to cook them. I opened up the cooker and thought "hum if i add more water I should still be able to finish this". So to my not thinking I added room temp water to the pot. It touched the jar and !!!BANG!!! glass everywhere and hours of hard work just at a stand still. Sooooooo needless to say, first time canning, ask for help don't just try. Next time I am going to get help. So if anyone knows what I can do to make the last 3 cans of yummy yams still usable, I could really use some advice.


2 comments:

  1. ouch! sorry for the canninng loss! i still can't get over how much libby looks like you everytime i look at her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry, sweetie! Nothing's worse then hours of hard work down the drain. boo!

    ReplyDelete