Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas projects

This week I have devoted my time to not cleaning my house. I know that is sounds bad, but let me explain. I had all my Christmas shopping for the Hooper's done before thanksgiving, I had an Idea of what I was going to do for Libby, Marshall I still have no clue, and my parents are a mystery especially when their list is only like 6 items and there are 7 people buying for them. So instead of just thinking about what to get them I decided I didn't want to wait till the week of Christmas to finish Libby's bedspread I am glad I did. It took me an hour to put the frame up and attach the fabric then I have watched: the 6 hour pride and prejudice (my favorite), shrek, kung fu panda, backyardagains robots on a rampage, 6 1 hour recorded TV shows,and many 30 min nick jr shows in the morning. I only have 12 butterflies to stitch into the quilt. my pointer finger on my right hand hurts my back aches and I see butterflies everywhere. Every time she sees it she says they are beautiful and she loves butterflies. Those comments make it all worth it.





Libby the past few weeks had become the little talker. Marshall says that every Wednesday he comes home and realizes that she talks in more sentences than before. Yesterday while watching the backyardagains robot rampage one character does his evil laugh and she copied it and I about fell off the chair laughing. She is so polite saying thank you to everyone (I am glad that we have instilled good manners... if only I was part of the everyone group). she can repeat the alphabet when she says it with Marshall only not me. She wants to dance to every song that comes on and I wish that I had the energy to do it with her. She also has fun playing in her room. One morning I went to go get her out of bed when I opened the door this is what I saw




She smiled and said she wanted me to leave she was playing so I got my camera and took this picture. She really is getting to be very creative.
If you want to see Christmas pictures we have check out the adoption blog by clicking on the picture of our pass along card at the top of the page. We really would love to have the button on as many blogs as we can. this helps get our name and info out there and will help in my feeling productive and active in the slow moving process. Thanks to everyone for all your support. We Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. She looks so big in that crib, she will love her new bed and homemade quilt. You are so talented. Also, I love that quilt stand, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, she's getting so big! I'm so impressed at your quilting. Now that's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt looks fantastic. sore fingers from quilting are the pits. you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete