Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graduation, Anniversary,

Our Home study went well. We still like each other (Marshall and I). We live close to things that kids might like. We have sufficient space to house another child (all our crap, who knows where it will go). And we have the necessary fire extinguisher that is required, so all you good parents better have one too because I have to have one. When all is said and done I am glad I don’t have to worry for another year.



Friday we took off and left our daughter with family so we could enjoy a weekend away for our anniversary, oh wait we spent it at graduation silly me. We had a wonderful plan and it was thwarted by stupid traffic. We dropped Libby off 20 min later than planned and then we got stuck. Or plan was to go to the cheesecake factory for dinner. They need call ahead seating. So when the wait would be 1 ½ hours we opted for Texas road House and let me tell you FABULOUS!!! We got the royal treatment. I was stuffed before my plate had arrived. Then we were headed to a Brigham City hotel (to be closer to USU for my brother’s graduation ceremony). It was a pile but cheap. We were glad that we didn’t have to get up at the crack of dawn to drive up there instead we got in late and got up at the usual time. To make our story even more exciting we stayed at the same hotel as my family who would be going to the graduation with us. (Anniversary, trip, awkwardness).



Saturday we spent the day at Joe and Lance’s Graduation ceremony. Marshall did regret that he didn’t walk, because none of his family will get to see him make that big achievement. I am proud of him. Afterwards when we were taking pictures Joe was nice and let Marshall Put on his cap and gown and we took pictures. We cheated a bit but does anyone really care how I got his graduation pictures.



It was nice to be able to be with all my family minus the grandkids (glad that we didn’t have to deal with ornery and noisy kids all day). What a great time. It is always nice to spend time with people you love and respect. I have fun seeing how everyone has grown and developed and that we all get along is really nice.



Mother’s day came and went and I have no really strong emotions about it and I am glad it is over.



I love when Bunco comes around. Once a month, I get to enjoy time with some wonderful women, and play a game and eat really great food. I don’t often take time for just me but this is always a must. I like having people my age and some that have the same struggles as I do. I love being able to talk and work through children’s issues with people who have been there and done that. Thanks to the wonderful women at Bunco.



Our Actual Anniversary. We have officially made it 6 years. Some days it seems like forever then others it seems like yesterday. Marshall surprised me with dinner and movie out on the town. We ate at my favorite restaurant brick oven and we went to a movie something borrowed. We laughed and talked and enjoyed our night out. I love Marshall more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow. I am grateful for the time we have together and for all he does for me. He truly is drives me each day to be a better person.



Then there is the news about Bountiful baskets. I have been working hard and bugging a ton of people to try and open up a distributing site here in Spanish fork. Well as of Tuesday I have permission to use ALA a school near my home. I am very excited and glad to have that out of the way now come the hard part. Starting Saturday may 21 we will be open and ready to go. I am a bit nervous and a bit excited. So if you want to know more (Marshall says your crazy and don’t get me started) let me know.

dont forget to check out my recipe page.  PS pictures are to come.  I am requesting them from the family since they remembered their cameras and I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment