Thursday, May 5, 2011

My week

I have had the week from heck. I knew coming into the week that it might become difficult, had I known how bad I might not have gotten up some days this past week.




Friday- My counter top arrived. YEAH!!!! They look wonderful and I absolutely love them. I can’t believe that we waited this long. Marshall surprised me on Easter Sunday and told me that it was a happy mother’s day/ anniversary/ Easter gift. I hope I get a card or something on mother’s day too (hint, hint). Because they use smelly glue and it has to sit for 24 hours we had a go out to eat 24 hours. We had lunch picnic style in the living room with Libby and she loved that. And she got to have a sleep over with Haley. She was really excited about it. And we learned that Libby is a big sleep talker. Now I know why I can’t sleep listening to the monitor.




My beautiful Princess with her dress, crown,
shoes, braclets and Your Majesty curtsy!
Memorable

Wed had a nice dinner out at the Art City Trolley. We love their salads they are to die for. And then of to play games with Marshalls boss. What a nice experience for us. It gave us the push we needed to make our new goals. I am glad that we did that. Other than it was a late night getting home (2am) I am not a late night person. Then add to that, we were needed in bountiful the next morning to help my brother and his wife move. UGH

But it was nice to see the family. And I was glad for the ride with Marshall (I slept the way up and we got to talk the way back).

Once we got back we had to put the kitchen back together. Easy, Simple, Fast, NO WAY. Not only did the installers scratch my wall they pinched the hose between the top of the base cabinet and the granite. And we couldn’t move the hose to pull the dishwasher out, oh and the hose was leaking a bit too. So 6 hours later. We took Marshalls parents to dinner for taking their entire Saturday away for our project.

Thanks to my parents on Sunday we called it a "relax away from family day". Marshall had to do the final for his class and Libby enjoyed the family time we got to have.

On Monday I made the calls. Fence problems and the countertop install problems. The fence people want to talk with Marshall and I think he doesn’t want to deal with them (non confrontational). The countertop guys, they came back to see the problem, and broke my cabinet door. I don’t know what to say other than don’t expect a referral from us. I don’t even want them to come back so I did not bother to call and complain.

On Tuesday Libby was invited to her first birthday party. Thanks Tyler. She had so much fun playing at the park. Some teenagers went to the swing set she had been playing on and she had no problem going over there and asking them to help her swing after she told them they were her swings first. But pizza cupcakes and fruit were a big birthday hit. She got a gift bag to take home and loved the little eatable necklace and Dora towel that she got.



We have been Relaxing (right) since the party and have been preparing for our annual home study from our case worker. So I decided to take a min and update my blogs before she gets here this afternoon.

So that’s my week glad it is almost over.

OHHH I forgot the best part.


We ate corn on the cob it was fantastic!!! Like mother like daughter!
 I sat and watched the Royal Wedding. AHHH I love a fairytale story. And loved watching and seeing all the wonderful wedding stuff. It was wonderful.  If you like to talk amazing call me no one other than my mom and sister have said they watched it.


PS.  Dont forget to look at my recipe page

1 comment:

  1. bummer about the cabinet. those guys are lame. hope you are happy with the results of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete