Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tribute to Fallen Officers



My Maternal grandfather was a Missouri Highway Patrolmen some 33 years ago.  While On duty he was hit by a drunk driver and then a week later died from those injuries.  While in Washington DC it was law enforcement week (?? on the title of the week ).  We happened to come across the memorial and were shocked to see a plaque that had is name and info on it.  so we took the opportunity to pay our respects and took pictures for my grandma so she could have the memorial picture.

First we had to find his name on the register so we knew where to look  when we got there the laminated plaque was there and I was in tears.  

Libby wanted to "color" his name on her picture 







 I know that several photographers took our picture and asked about our story, but I haven't seen anything online.

I never knew my grandfather here on earth but I know that we had a special bond in heaven.  My Mom tells me that I asked about him all the time, when I was a young toddler.  She has no doubt that those that have passed on to the other side help care for our families.   I was grateful for the opportunity I had to see that those fallen officers are not forgotten, That their memories live on in more then their families.




No comments:

Post a Comment