Tuesday, June 19, 2012

vacation part 3

We went to madame tussauds  We had fun taking pictures with different presidents and famous people! 


Marshall almost walked into Johnny Dep
and it freaked him out I laughed hard



When I planned the trip I knew that we were going to have to split up Washington DC just a bit and it worked out that some wonderful friends in New York had a place for us to stay.  so for the first 2 days in DC we tour bused it up and saw lots of wonderful places.  Then we headed to New York!!!

This picture was taken not far from where we stayed     in the background you can see the statue of Liberty.





On the tour bus. We loved it! We only had 1 full day and 2 1/2 days so for us the best way to see everything was tour bus and they sure do have lots of knowledge... and a lot of meaningless opinions about history. 



the museum of natural history it Didn't look anything like the movie and that was a bummer.  but we saw a lot of really cool animals.  Libby said all she wanted to see was the really big shark.  sorry the picture turned out horrible but we did find her the shark after looking for 30 min but she was super excited about it.


Next we headed to Central Park.  WOW it was awesome. I thought we were lost! but along the way our "not napping on vacation child" napped while walking in central park!!!!!!!






We loved the Architecture of the buildings it was amazing the details on all the buildings.  I Wish that I could have taken a tour that just talked about the buildings.  We walked from one of our tour stops to the 30 rock building!  Marshall had 2 places he wanted to say that he had been to, central park and the Rockefeller building. We did both.   

time Square at the end of the day!

For all those theater lovers out there.  I want you to know that Marshall offered about 10-15 times to take me to  Broadway show.  I declined.  I would have loved to have seen wicked :-) I have never seen it and that would make my day.  But I Had a cranky 3 year old who went to bed a midnight and was up at the crack of dawn who didn't want to sit anywhere or still for that matter.  Who really just wanted to be at home.   I want to enjoy a Broadway childless.  So I choose to save my Broadway for another day.  I guess that means I probably will make it back east another time Yippee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment