Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sealing Day August 24th 2013



I woke this morning with anticipation overload!  There are only a few days in my life that I have felt this way.  The day I married Marshall.  The morning after giving birth to Libby as I looked at how perfect she was.  The First moment I looked at Reese and KNEW that she was ours.  SOOOOO here we are 6 month (ish) from the time Reese was placed in our arms by Jada and Nick.  We have finalized with the court which was a wonderful experience.  But today... Today we get to take our beautiful Reese to the temple and have her sealed to us.  Having had libby in the covenant is a great thing.  But I think there are no words to describe the feeling I have to take Reese to the temple to bring her completely into our family.

I look at both of my girls and feel so blessed that the Lord entrusted them into my care.  To watch over, to teach and to Love.

I can say that I have an inkling of knowledge of how the Savior feels for us.

Being a mother isn't always easy but I know with the Lords guidance we can be better then we ever hoped for.

In preparation for this momentous day my girls both get to wear temple dresses.  So I took apart MY wedding dress and made dresses for both of them.  To see them in it makes my heart overfill with joy.  Not only will reese be sealing the Mount Timpanogas Temple,  But they will be in my wedding dress.

As I was sitting in the sealing room and the officiator was explaining the importance of us being there.  He informed the group that we had asked Lisa, Jada's stepmom to hold reese and participate in the ceremony with us.  It was so touching to all in the room.  There was not a dry eye.  You could feel the spirit so strongly,  Reese was quiet and happy and well behaved.  

We were so lucky that Both Nick and Jada, and their families could be there.  They are amazing People.











No comments:

Post a Comment