Sunday, September 1, 2013

Wedding dress to Temple dresses

Here are the Before and Afters for my wedding dress to the girls Blessing/Temple dresses.
First I have to thank my grandma Cindy Lou Price for spending 15-20 hours working on these dresses. she helped me make the most amazing dresses.  I wore this beautiful dress the day marshall and I were married in the temple and then 8 years later I was able to have both my girls wear it in the temple to have Reese sealed to us.






GG (that would be Great Grandma) said that she must have flowers to be a bride!








So I took my dress apart.  the bodice I left alone and didnt use.  It would have been too much work to use.  I DID use my skirt for Libby's dress and the veil was Reese's dress.
I thought that the dresses needed some bling ( which turned out to make it look amazing) .
So I went to Quilted bear and found head bands but couldnt decided which one I liked best.  So Reese got the first one for her dress and another one to wear, the middle one was nixted and the 3rd one we cut off the lace and put it on Libbys dress. 


Grandma price and I spent some 15-20 hours together, making these dresses.  We hand stitched a bunch, Unpicked A LOT. And got teary eyed over how perfect the dresses looked.   Then I realized that I didn't get pictures of us sewing so the last day I got a few.



 I will let you guess how easy it was to work with Libby to make the skirt work.  She wanted to spin and twirl  and play with the skirt, she wanted to put her hands on her head, slump her shoulders and do anything but stand straight and still.  if she had we could have done it in less than 8 min instead she stood there for some 30 min pitching a fit.  But in the end we got it all sorted out.  She looked amazing.


       Reese's dress made from the veil                                  Libby's Dress made from the skirt







No comments:

Post a Comment