Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life and Times

While trying to decide what to put on both my blogs I had a hard time deciding. Our week thus far has been really crazy so here it goes for all that care to read.


Since last I wrote this has been our week.

I learned that I can’t exercise in the morning. If want to function at all for the rest of the day.

We have a new favorite game “A ticket to Ride” we also enjoy playing “Settlers of Catan”.

I tried a new recipe “Black bean quesadilla with chicken”: black beans, salsa Verde, shredded chicken and a little cheese in a tortilla. Very good.

Libby loves her new nursery class; they play with play dough, a play kitchen and lots of little friends.

I love my once a month girls night out, Bunco. I really love getting to socialize with other women. They are a great group and I am thankful for Ashley for inviting me. Oh and I won, yeah!

Tuesday we woke up and Libby was very warm and she had a nasty cough. After about 2 hours I decided that maybe we should go to the doctors. So I made her an appt for after her nap. When she woke up she was on fire. So we quickly went to the dr. appt early. She ended up with a fever of 106. They did chest X-rays, (really difficult with a screaming, unhappy 2 years old). Went back to the room and they had to catheterize her to get a urine sample (even more difficult with a screaming, unhappy 2 year old). Then they sent us back down stairs to get blood drawn (really not fun with a screaming, unhappy 2 year old). then back upstairs to get a shot of antibiotic. The entire time she is still 106 and stuck to me like glue. Needless to say she was warm, I was warm, and all the tests came back with showing nothing. So home we went. She was miserable and so was I. Well Marshall and I split the night up so I could get some sleep. I got 4 hours, the first 2 hours of the evening and the last 2 hours. She did not sleep because she was coughing and I couldn’t sleep because she was coughing. Well with a lot of Tylenol and Ibuprofen we finally got control of the fever. She still is running a temperature but can you do about that. Yesterday morning came and she was still miserable. We took her back on Wednesday night and they gave her another shot of antibiotics and then tonight I will find out how the cultures turn out. I am grateful that she is ok at this point, even if she is ornery. I really am glad for her Dr. He is a great Dr. And does a good job to put me at ease when I need it no matter how many times I called the office.

But to the funny. Here are a few things that she did do that were totally cute this week.

she said these with me
The doctor wants to listen to you breathe Libby, she looks at him and says “No Way”

After watching ‘Despicable Me’ 2 days in a row she wanted to dance at the end like every one in the show do. Gru gets up on stage and shakes his groove thing then does the splits Libby says “I want to do that”, so she does the exact move. Hands of butt and shakes it, A turn and down into the splits. I about fell of the chair laughing because I have never seen her do the splits before.

She died laughing when the last character of the last scene of “Despicable Me” says “ohhh poop” she decided that it is funny enough to copy.

We also spent the last 2 days with “Mary Poppins” Libby walks around the house singing “let’s go fly a kite” over and over again.

These were said to Marshall

"Libby guess what we forgot to give you this morning?"...... Libby: Uh....money!"
I was referring to her vitamin.

I get home, kiss Libby on her cheek and tell her she's my princess, she responds by saying, "daddy, you're my best friend".

Me: Libby what do you want for lunch? Libby: "yogurt". Me: You want yogurt for lunch? Libby: "yeah, that would be awesome!"


Sorry No pictures .  My death warmed over child will not let me take one.  I snuck a picture she was mad after the fact oh well.

3 comments:

  1. so cute! I love the money thing! I hope she feels 100% pretty soon. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that is no fun having a sick child! You feel so helpless. I hope you are all doing alright and Libby gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, poor little sickie! That's no fun at all! Hopefully she's feeling a bit better by now!

    ReplyDelete