Thursday, March 17, 2011

Children know how to try your patience


 Last week I was beyond help and when I wrote. This week I have my wits about me. However that does not mean that being a mom is any easier than last week its just that I am working on my patience this week.

Marshall and I took Libby on Saturday to the zoo. I choose not to go without him because there is no way on this earth that I have the strength to push her around those hills. I do my bountiful baskets and then spend the rest of the day exhausted on the couch so sorry for all those who want to do stuff on Saturdays I just am not usually up to any more physical exertion. But on to the zoo. Libby Loved it. We called my brother Joe and his wife and asked if they wanted to join us. Cousin time YEAH!!! The kids had a blast and loved to see each other. We rode the train together and Marshall said “the look on her face was worth the drive up here” she loved the train ride. She loved all the animals.

We hit up Ikea to get a few things of necessity like their cinnamon rolls. And some other stuff. Yes we love the cinnamon rolls they make us smile, but not our waists. We headed home to finish writing our talks for Sunday.

Talks … well next time we give our talks I hope it is not on daylight savings time again that made it a bit more difficult to plan our sleep and get ready schedule. Marshall slept in not on purpose. And his talk was not done I felt bad. Libby did not want to get out of bed. I was all ready and prepared for the talk ahead of me. Looking back at it now, something usually goes wrong when you need everything to go right. Well we got to church and both our parents came to watch us speak. Libby walked in and saw my dad first. She got really excited and went running to where he was sitting. When she got there Marshall’s dad was on the end by the isle and she stopped and looked so excited surprised, happy and didn’t know what to do because she did not want anyone to move because she wanted all her grandparents all at the same time. Well we got seated on the stand and set to be a nervous nelly until it was my turn to speak (I was first). Well the meeting went as it usually does and then the sacrament came around. I guess I grabbed 2 pieces of the bread well one fell…right down my shirt! I was already so nervous I just started laughing. It was almost uncontrollable laughing. Marshall leaned over and I told him what I had done and he just about died laughing. So I waited until the prayer and went digging for bread…yes down my shirt…I sure hope that only a couple of people saw what I did because I was sure embarrassed. But it made for a great laugh at bunco on Monday night.

Marshall started school last week on Tuesday night from 6:30-8:30. It is an online class and he does class upstairs. I know it is nice because he is home, but Libby does not quite understand that dad is in class and can’t be bothered. She will get used to it though repetition does that.


Some days being a mom can be really trying such as when you notice that your child has drawn all over your walls with crayon. I tried really hard not to yell at her but I made her scrub the walls clean with the magic eraser. I hope that she learned not to color on the walls. I am sure that it will happen more times… but I will be ready…because children really like to push parent’s buttons.  Libby is cleaning the walls in both pictures.


don't forget to check my recipe page.

1 comment:

  1. I feel just like you. Every day and week I think, "I'm goign to work on my patience more." Some days I'm better than others. The zoo sounds fun! I'm glad Marshal got to go. I love the story about the bread. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete