Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shopping, Shopping and more Shopping!

Life comes pretty quick when nothing really happens. Some days you think the end of the week will never come then others, the month is already over and who know what happened to the time.

Life seems to be busy and I don’t know that I did anything really productive.

Marshall has been playing basketball in a league with some guys from his work. He really does love to play and stay active. His team has made it to the championship game tonight. Libby is so excited to go watch him play.

He also has made it 5 years at USSynthetic!!! YEAH for him! That means he gets a five year gift from the company. He had been debating over a few things the last year but finally decided on a Mountain bike. It has had him all excited for the past week since he picked it up. The problem has been the weather has not been nice enough for him to go take it for a real ride.
                                          

We also splurged this week. Since we are really frugal with our money, taxes and bonus all have purposes well before we ever see them (baby, they can be so expensive :-) ) we bought something for the house. Our house sometimes bothers us with how not functioning it can be. We have a lot of wasted space that we wish we could use. So while browsing at Ikea (new favorite store for household items) we found a cheap table top, and bar stool chairs. No we did not change our kitchen table again ( some days I wish). We made ourselves an entertainment area upstairs in our loft.  We put the table top over the stairs. There is now a place to play games, do homework, eat food, or house all sorts of stuff that we are to lazy to put away (hehe). We are really excited to be able to use this new table for cards and not be keeping Libby awake while doing it. Sorry I went to take a picture,and it looks really odd...but it is not... you will have to come see for your self.

I went shopping the past week. I hate shopping and I hate it even worse when I have to take Libby with me. I hate not being able to have her attached to me. I don’t want to lose her, and she loves to wander. But the best part of shopping with her is seeing what things she is drawn too. I would have thought scarves or pretty dresses? But she loves the bracelets. It does not matter which little shop we go to she finds and wears one the entire time. A bracelet on each arm and she looks cute in them too.

She has also found a new love, the tool skirt she got for Christmas 2 years ago. She has worn that thing everywhere. Sorry to all those who have seen her crazy wardrobe she wont change not even with a bribe. When that skirt is unavailable she has a purple dress my mom got her and it looks like a flower girl dress (with tool and all) and she loves to dance around the house in it.



Just so you know I did purchase a beautiful dress but once I got home I realized that it was a linen dress and I am in nursery and have a toddler. I took it back and bought a couple of cardigans instead. I am trying to add to my wardrobe one piece at a time.

Oh and I did a bracket for the March madness, my first one ever.  Marshall laughed when I picked my teams I went by name, mascot, color and rank (which ever one Marshall knew) and I did pretty good considering I know nothing about college basketball.  I don’t think he will ever ask me to do a bracket again.  But you just wait and see how well I do.  This morning I was 28th and one of Marshall’s is coming in at 12th.  So I think I am doing pretty well.

Marshall informed me that I have not written anything about Haley here at all. Haley is my 17 year old sister who, runs track (and was in state championships the last year). Played piano and taught it. She had a job she worked at when she did not have track training every day after school. She was taking several AP classes trying to get as far ahead in college as she could. She never stopped going. At the beginning of January she got sick and has not gotten better. After being in and out of the hospital and emergency room and seeing numerous doctors they …think… she has a paralysis of her digestive track.


In her words “

My stomach is not digesting food very well. So my diet is extremely limited. (here is just a comparison, a regular person digests food in about 103 minutes, mine is taking 430 minutes before it really is digesting much) is not fun and very painful. And since my stomach is having all these issues, it has caused my joints to swell up and become arthritic and so I walk like I am 90. It’s great. But we are trying holistic doctors and hopefully they will find something. We think it might be an auto immune disease or auto immune sickness we just don't know what yet. So hopefully they start finding things. I’ve pretty much dropped out of school and am doing my work slowly. That’s just a quick brief overview. But I am not feeling any improvement in the joints or the stomach and that’s been there for about a month and a half. But my attitude has been better. I just try to be positive :) cuz that’s about all I can do!!”

I stole it off face book hehe. She really is looking a lot better the last 2 weeks. I know that it has nothing to do with her feeling better it just means she is learning how to deal with it. She is a real trooper and I know I could never handle the pain and loneliness she has been dealing with. I am proud of her for her change in attitude and thinking. It has been a testimony to me and a faith builder to see her struggle and rise above and make the best of what she has been given. We pray every day that they can find something to help her feel better and get rid of the pain. But she says she just goes 1 day at a time.

Also check out my recipe page for a great easy and cheap dessert.   Also I updated my menus page.

2 comments:

  1. If your sister ever wants to try acupuncture, I have an amazing acupuncturist who will give her a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little Haley! (first off-I can't EVEN believe she's that old! Where did the time go?!) I hope she finds some relief and answers soon. Good luck with everything there.

    As for the shopping...I'm not a fan of shopping with kids either, but you do what you have to do. Love the cute little bracelet tidbit!

    ReplyDelete