Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter and stuff

First off. Marshall and I had a nice long weekend together. He had Friday off and then took Monday off too. I always enjoy time that we get to spend as a family.

Bountiful baskets has been am ongoing blessing in my life and I am glad at how much money I save buy using it each week. Although some weeks it makes for a long Saturday morning.

We had the opportunity to spend Saturday evening with my family for Easter. Both my brothers come down to my moms and we had a really nice turkey dinner. Thanks mom for all your hard work in putting together the Easter hunt and the wonderful dinner.

On Sunday we had a very full day.

We had nursery which can be a handful on holidays, then off to our friends baby blessing, then to the Hooper's for the Easter egg hunt.

Denise had a nice ham dinner and Marshall who is not a big ham person liked the ham a lot. Thanks Denise for your hard work in putting it all together.

I know that last week I forgot to mention our “broken closet” the shelf where Marshall’s clothes are at pulled out of the wall. On Thursday night Marshall fixed it or so he thought. Well he tried to put his clothes back on the new rod he put in and it broke again. So he was not a happy camper and I just laughed (humor fixes all bad situations). Well he went down stairs to get the electric drill and called me it was like 9pm so Libby was asleep. And this is what we found.

Yes the salt and pepper shakers in Marshall’s shoes. In the past we have found apples, her shoes, money, and toys. But I still don’t know how she got her hands on the salt and pepper.

Well Libby got a nice Easter dress, shoes, bows, a book, some chalk, and a water and sand play table for Easter. I stayed way under budget. So that made me happy. She really did make it a lot of fun. We had an Easter hunt at home for her to get her gifts before church. She had a ton of fun and kept telling us “come on dad I know where we going.” It is fun to see her excited and happy. She did fairly well for little sleep. And when we woke her up on Sunday morning and from nap she told us both time “go away I sleeping”.

For more Easter pictures check out the adoption blog.

And don’t forget my recipe page to get a new recipe this week.



 





2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, what a pretty dress for a pretty girl!

    I had to laugh at the salt and pepper. What a funny girl!

    ReplyDelete