Saturday, May 11, 2013

Haley

This post will be about my sister Haley

She was a very big part of our life for all of Libby's life.  But since her passing in October it has been hard.  Libby talks about Haley every day.  Usually once a week she asks to stop at Haley's grave and tell her she loves her.  She said a couple of days ago "I am sad about Haley" when I asked her why she said "I am sad because she wont ever get to meet Reese."  
I find myself being angry because Haley was my go to person when: I needed to talk, needed a babysitter. But I am glad that Haley is in heaven and is better.  But I am still sad that she is gone.  I look at Reese and Libby I think how lucky that they will have each other as sisters, because that is what I miss the most.  
My Parents were out of town on the 6 month mark of Haley's death.  So Marshall suggested that we do something to remember Haley.  So we took Magelby's chocolate cake and a pin wheel and Libby picked flowers for her grave.  Angela was super nice to take the picture.  

May 11th marks 7 months.  And I can tell you it seems crazy that she has been gone for that long.  I know that time heals wounds.  But having a child who constantly brings it back to the surface makes it hard to heal.  I am grateful for the innocence of children because if Libby can heal so can I.  
We have a music box that reminds us of Haley.  We have songs that we can sing and listen too as well.  But I feel especially lucky to live in a time that has the ability to record anything at the touch of a button.  We can look back and hear her voice and see her smile and that makes hard days easier.  We have lots of pictures and that helps keep memories intact.  
We have a special journal that's called the Haley Journal.  When we are sad we write our thoughts in it. We put our memories down and we have Haley keepsakes (pictures she drew for her).  





July 4th her idea of hanging with the family

July 4th 2012

Haley and Libby went the splash pad.  Haley got Libby a
new swimming suit with butterflies on it.

On our trip to Canada I took these two crazies to Walmart.  They
spent the majority of the trip taking silly pictures together.


     


Haley was the best aunt ever.  She loved
the grandkids and would spend time with
them no matter how awful she felt.
We went to lances house and everyone did
a big piggy back on lance.  I love Libby's face
because you can tell that she loves Haley!

1 comment:

  1. Oh (((hugs))), sweetie. Just all the way around. I'm just so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete