Thursday, February 17, 2011

The best I ever had

I didn’t think that we had a busy week, but once I put it all down it was quite a long list.

We will start with Marshall’s birthday. Poor Marshall had a crazy birthday. He worked and then came home (to sleep). but was really not to happy with Jerry Sloan Quitting on his birthday so he didn’t sleep. After going to bed at 9pm, he headed to work at 1:30am on Friday morning. So we didn’t get to do much celebrating. He did get a helmet for the bike he is getting next month. Libby was so excited she wanted to tell him it was his birthday who knows how many times. One of Marshall’s old employees did a nacho dinner for his birthday. It was so good. They are the best nachos in the whole world. Oscar sent home the rest of the meat and some cheese and beans so I made very large Burritos (I froze them) so we can enjoy them later.

On Saturday morning I did my usual bountiful baskets (absolutely love it). Then home to prepare for the Hooper Bowling Tournament. Check out our adoption blog to see pictures and get the low down of how bad I did. Marshall’s mom made a cake for his birthday/ Valentines Day. It tasted really great. It had a heart shape in each slice, Very creative. Libby Loved to eat the cake and since our house is trying to eat healthy we didn’t make a huge cake for the 3 of us.

My Good news is that Libby is POTTY TRAINED YEAH!!!!!!!(Day time only and we are still working on nap time). It has been a breeze this time and I am glad I waited until after my brothers kids came. I had much more patience with her this time around (I have tried 3 times but with no success). She did well with the sticker chart and to the cookie butter cookie (a peanut butter cookie) that Marshall brought home both helped as great incentives. She only has had a couple of accidents mostly at nap time but one at church. I feel horrible for the poor nursery leader that had her sitting on her lap. She made it till the last 5 min of church and peed (she went home before nursery to use the potty). I was mortified, the leader was ok. Now we need to work on sitting on a regular potty seat and not the really nice squishy child seat. After she fell in the nursery’s small toilet she refused to go there ever since.

We are an old married couple. Valentines Day was really low key. We did however, thanks to my wonderful parents, got to go to dinner- minus a potty training child. We were going to take her with us but this made it a much quicker and a less stressful dinner. So thanks for the help. We went to Brick Oven thanks for the surprise Marshall, its my favorite place to eat in the whole world!(in the words of Libby)

So I did a couple of play dates this week already, I know so not like me. I guess spilling my guts on this blog is tons easier than spilling my guts to people I should know and don’t at church is another story. We talked about having kids (which I can’t) and then it was awkward silence. Before I could explain that I was adopting, someone changed the subject because of the awkwardness of the conversation. I need to learn how to quickly turn it into a positive conversation with ease.

Well my child not only has learned from Marshall how to stall, she is also anal. She was putting her magnets back on the fridge and this is how she left them. She spent 5 min arranging them to look just right. I laughed and then took a picture after she left so she wouldn’t be embarrassed.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day!
I put a new recipe on the recipes page also a new menu on the menu page

1 comment:

  1. yay! yay! for a potty-trained girl! It makes life sooo much easier!

    Libby can come hang out with my anal kiddos anytime (2 of the 3 would do the exact same thing with their magnets...Ezra in particular).

    Sorry about the awkward playdate. It can be hard even for the most talkative of us :P

    ReplyDelete