Thursday, February 10, 2011

Marshall turns...

If I could remember how old he is I would tell you. But he is another year older and much wiser too,
SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!


We have had a very busy and eventful week.

On Friday we went to dinner with Marshalls parents for his birthday. We were going to eat at Texas Road House but a 90 min wait with a toddler is not fun. So we went to Goodwood instead. It was great Libby learned from grandpa that you should ask the waitress every time she walks by “Where are my fries”. It was pretty funny to see her get all upset that they weren’t her short order cooks like mom is. She got over it and loved them when they came out. We had just finished eating and were talking to the waitress about the check when all the sudden the power went out. The floodlights came on and we now got to wait 30 min for our check, SO Frustrating. Libby was excellent she had some crayons and lights (thank goodness that Marshall thought to put the flashlight app on both our IPods). There was an accident that cut the power to half the mall and the surrounding businesses. Well we got in the car to leave and Libby was just upset (she loves to see people, especially grandparents) so we told her we would go see the temple the beautiful temple. Well she was excited and happy to see the temple. At night it is just so much more majestic. She also found out that night she has a new favorite song. It is from the group Never shout never she likes 2 of their songs one has a chorus that she can “ohohohoh” to and she always tells me its her favorite.

My brother Joe and his wife went on Vacation this week and left the kids for 3 days with my mom and me. So we had them Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Going from 1 to 3 ages 3½, 2 ½, 1 ½ was a big jump. Glad it is not my day to day. We took them on Monday to the bean museum and they had a blast they loved seeing in the bear exhibit a snake eating a frog.

So Sunday was the Big SUPERBOWL party! We were at my families this year for Sunday dinner so I thought I should make some super bowl food. I made some mini sliders (check the recipe page for the how too), homemade French fries (should have fried them not baked them, Homemade tortilla chips, Nachos, and potato bites. I was going to do apple pie but I didn’t want to make a crust. Everything was good but the potato bites won’t do those again. Our team won I think. I didn’t get to see any of the commercials, three kids are a handful. I was glad that Marshall got to enjoy the game.
These look similar to mine I forgot to take a picture,
story of my life.
Now on to Funnier stories. I always love to get phone calls and texts from Marshall when I am gone. Sometimes it’s nice to know that he runs into problems just like me. I was packing my brothers kids into the car to take them to their other grandma’s house when I got a call from Marshall. “Libby and I made it home just fine. But at this moment one of us is locked in and one of us is locked out. Guess which one I am”. I couldn’t believe it. I also didn’t have a key to help him out. Luckily my sister did, so off my mom ran to let Marshall into the house. At first he thought it was funny but after 30 min he started to get cold. Libby had given up on following directions to try to open the door and he said he could hear her sit down and say “I sorry daddy, I sorry”. She now knows that you don’t touch the door.

The last few days we have been working on potty training. Wednesday evening she did really great (we started after nap time). But today has been kind of not so great. We will sit on the potty 20 min (literally) and 2-5 min after getting off she comes to me wet. I remind her about going in the potty not her underwear. But I am less stressed and more patient this time around then the last few times. I am hoping that by the end of the weekend we are accident free during the day. That would be awesome.
Christmas cruise
Libby Loves Potato head


she loves playing with play dough, I dont.
At grandmas she gets to play all the time.
she is sitting in the bucket that holds the
playdough toys.




Playing wuth her baby and dads foot

Marshall was teaching her how to play
hide and seek she hid under the blankets
can you see her head poking up


                                                 Libby Working out with Marshalls stuff


2 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday, Marshall!!

    That's hilarious about Marshall being locked out. Poor guy!

    Good luck with the potty-training! It can definitely be frustrating, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday marshall! good luck with the potty training. ugh. H.A.T.E. IT. love you!

    ReplyDelete