Monday, July 1, 2013

California wedding!

My mom and I went to my dear friends wedding in Los Angeles California May 18th.  We left Thursday May 16th and headed to California for a road trip!  The girls stayed with Marshall and I went childless!!!!  

We took lots of pictures!  Mostly of us eating food! Because every mom's 
dream vacation has everything to do with:

NOT eating cold dinner after everyone finished and left the table, 
NOT preparing food,
NOT doing dishes, 
NOT coming up with the menu, 
NOT hearing complaints that someone didn't like it. 


dinner at Boston Market in LA

Girls night out party!
Korean dessert, it tasted fabulous!

Mom got ice cream and I got cheese cake!

Breakfast of champs.  Eggs and bagels

Our continental breakfast was amazing!!
Mom had eggs Benedict and I had a variety of other stuff.
Calling home with FaceTime, it was awesome! 


At the temple with my mom!




We found some amazing Flowers that smelled fabulous!
I had to take pictures so Libby could see.
Mom with a flower that has a name
 "birds of paradise" 

The girls at the Temple !!






 Elder Cook of the Quorum of the twelve Apostles is friends with KJ and was able to fly out and perform her sealing.  What an Amazing opportunity to be in the same room with a witness of Christ.




The Beautiful Bride!




KJ's mom only knows a little English but she felt as though 
my mom was her kindred spirit!  What amazing women they are.










The reception 






I ate sushi for the first time.



My plate full of great Korean food.  We followed
a nice woman in line and she told us
what was spicy and what exactly is in each dish.
I was super glad for her kindness in helping us navigate the
food table.






Breakfast before we checked out.  I tried the
eggs Benedict,  Mom was right I liked it.



Mom said "we don't have a picture of us doing anything but eating." So.... here we are taking our luggage out in 1 trip!  I was glad we made it without anything falling off!


We ate in Rancho Cucamonga on the way in and on the way out of LA.  Thanks Ashley for joining us on Friday for lunch! We forgot to take a picture then, but got one on the way out!


We made our halfway mark in Las Vegas and stayed in our WorldMark condos.  It was super nice but we had to figure out what to eat for dinner and after sitting in the car all day we decided on salad and frozen dinners. While sitting there we saw on Facebook that my mom's brother Mike was in Vegas too.  So we called him and set up breakfast for the next morning together!

Breakfast at Denny's with Uncle Mike!!




It was lots of fun and we dropped him off at the airport just in time to catch his flight.  

We were going to shop the outlets in Vegas but got lost and couldn't find them.  
I got frustrated, Mom was frustrated, so we went to St. George and shopped there instead. 

Lunch at In and Out burger!!! Our final vacation eating experience! 



5 days, 1500 miles, too many hours in the car to count! 
But what a great time!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment